Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Need A Job? The PGA's Hiring...

Some of the coolest cats I know are caddies...

And in this economy, as time goes by, their career choice seems more and more appealing.
Any man searching for honest work, or key opportunities, would relish the chance to walk with so-called "kings" of industry the way my boys Gato and Robert have on the regular at East Lake and the Piedmont Driving Club have.
Every hacker who combs the rough like I do for stray Titlelists and Bridgestones like I do to keep from buying them would relish something so simple as an unlimited supply of quality shag balls, if nothing else, as a perk of the job.
Nothing grabs my interest more on the PGA's official web site than the pronouncement that February's the main month to applying for jobs as golf course employees. What better workplace could someone like me want?
But it begs the question: would a white-collar professional in "transition" be truly gratified carrying someone else's bag?
If you're got an opinion, launch it here....

Photo: Golfilepics/FLICKR

No comments: